13 May 2019

Alice In Wonderland Book

Hello, and thank you for stopping by. Today I am happy to be escaping to Wonderland. 

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”

 Lewis Carroll



I used a papier-mâché  book from Hobbycraft, on reflection I wish I had purchased a better quality one as this one had lumps and bumps, and was not very sturdy. I covered it with beautiful Alice rice papers and paint. I also added a white rabbit as he wanted to be followed into the book. 



I had never used moulds before, but when Stamperia released their new Alice range and it included moulds I of course had to get them! I used clay many years ago, but it was clay which had to be baked in the oven, and I made things freehand. So air drying clay and moulds were all new to me.After many attempts I decided to use one of the white rabbits which did not turn out too badly, some of them were dreadful, and looked a bit frightening ! I used acrylics to paint him. 



To cover the inside of the bookI used  pages from a vintage Alice book and stamped over them with playing card suits and other whatnots from my large collection of Alice Stamps.
I fussy cut the beautiful scenes  from the Stamperia papers and folded them and assembled it into the book so they would pop out when opened. I worked it all out on copy paper first :  )
I had fun adding lots of embellishments, hanging some down from the top of the book etc.

Thank you for popping into Wonderland today, and I hope you enjoyed your visit xx

I would like to enter my Alice book into the following challenges.

13 comments:

  1. Wow --this is amazing! A wonderful project! Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susi, thank you so much for your kind comment.I have been trying to comment on your blog for months, but for some reason blogger won’t let me! So sorry, you work is always so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a stunning make! You have created so much amazing detail and I love the Alice in Wonderland theme - beautiful 😁. It's mesmerising! Happy and creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jannet, This is amazing. Wonderfully created. Hope all is well. Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. Blow my mind away! Love the rabbit!!! This amazes me! You are so~cool!!! Love the pop out book look!
    https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/05/book-it-challenge-vintage-journey.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jannet, this is one amazing little book! I love how you made the little tea party scene pop out of the book and your molded white rabbit. It makes me want to shrink down to size and sit at the table with them! And those tea cups dangling from the ceiling is so clever! Thank you for sharing your creative work with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to say congratulations on being this month's Pinworthy winner at A Vintage Journey! What a deserving make and so happy to get another closeup look at all the details! Hugs! Sara Emily

      Delete

  7. what a amazing project , love it
    Thank you for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create With Polkadoodles! Corryxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW fabulous project absolutely amazing love every detail and image -the inside is brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing, so much detail. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful dimensional scene inside your 'book' Jannet!! Wonderful stampings and decoration on the cover and binding too! thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely delightful... Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just had to hop over and take a good look at your gorgeous 'book'. I absolutely love it ! Toni X

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye