3 Jul 2022

Alice Day 2022



Hello, I hope all is ok with you today. It is July already, and in the UK the first Saturday of July is always Alice day when fans of Alice celebrate. In July 1862 Lewis Carol was boating on a lake with Alice Liddel and her sisters when he told them a story, which of course became Alice in Wonderland. 


I began by watercolouring a background, and while that was drying I started a lot of fussy cutting of little Alice characters from one of the gorgeous Graphic 45 Alice papers. I scribbled  some quick toadstools on some copy paper and coloured them before adhering to the page. My little Alice characters then jumped on to the page. There were some disagreements about who wanted to go where  but they soon all agreed and settled down 


I stamped the quotation, “ How long is forever, sometimes just one second”  which is one of my favourites. 



Our Alice Tea 


Thank you so much for visiting, take care Covid numbers are very, very high xx

I would like to enter my Alice Day art journal page into the following challenges. 

More Than Words Wonderful
Wonderland is certainly wonderful! 


















4 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty! LOVE the water colored background and all your "Alice" embellishments!! Perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at More Than Words! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful background and the beautiful elements you’ve added to bring this beauty to life. Thanks for sharing with us at More Than Words! Hugs, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful page. Absolutely love the splash of colours you’ve used for the background and the beautiful Alice in Wonderland elements. Thanks for sharing it with us at More Than Words! Love, Sunila

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful page. Absolutely love the splash of colours you’ve used for the background and the beautiful Alice in Wonderland elements. Thanks for sharing it with us at More Than Words! Love, Sunila

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye