11 Nov 2018

Lest we Forget 100 years


In memory


My Great Uncle he was killed at The Somme aged just 19.



I don’t have a photo of my My Great Grandfather, but he also died at The Somme aged 41 and is remembered on this plaque. 




My Grandfather fibbed about his age and joined up at just 14 years old. He was 18 when the war ended, he is pictured here with the Belgium family who looked out for him.




I made paper poppies, and my sister crocheted poppies, so we could decorate our porch. To say thank you to all those who fought for our country and those who continue to do so.




The Weeping Window at The Imperial War Museum.

Lest We Forget 






4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Jannet and Thank you for the insight into your past Family members. A touching tribute to commemorate today and remember those lost.
    Your Poppy decorated porch is a delight to see.
    Wishing you Peace & Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great make, Jannet, very apt illustration and beautifully coloured. I love the atmospheric wet-on-wet sky and poppies as well as that little bit of 3D texture under your focal image.
    A lovely tribute to the people in your family who fought and died in these awful wars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and decorated porch.Love the pictures and all the details -14 and 19 going to war terrible times.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful and poignant Jannet, and your porch looks fabulous. Well done you. We all have so much to be thankful for x

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye