25 Aug 2015

Butterfly Tree


I was originally going to make an apple tree for my fathers birthday, but I decided that a butterfly tree would look nicer. But I have since decided to buy him a cherry tree for his birthday. So I am now going to remove some of the butterflies and make some cherries to replace them.
I made the tree from old book pages. I punched out a flurry of butterflies from some pretty Dovecraft paper, and glued them carefully onto the branches.




I coloured the lovely Phyllis Harris little girl stamp with spectrum noir pencils. I placed her underneath the tree and onto a card base which I then covered in flowersoft.


Thank you so much for looking.

I would like to enter my Butterfly tree into the following challenges



 

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely project! I love Phyllis Harris stamps they are some of my favourites. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I love your tree and you flower soft base, and I'm sure your father did too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! very unusual thank you for entering your tree into the artistic challenge. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project and a great way to use old book pages, thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful project , it amazes me
    thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo

    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab little project. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that's a real labour of love, requiring so much patience… but the results are well worth it. Charming, delicate and whimsical - I love it.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye