21 Jul 2018

ATC Coins



ATC coins appear to be the latest fun trend in crafting, so I thought I would try my hand at creating some. ATC coins apparently need to be sized at 2.5 inches, and from I have seen they are always flat with no embellishments! Of course no embellishments for me is very difficul.  I decided to heat emboss all of the stamps I would be using, so the coins would not be completely flat.


I used Tando Creative coins, but they could also be cut to size on a die cutting machine if you have one, or you can find 2.5 circle template on google to print out. I decided to begin by adding a layer of gesso onto my 2.5 inch coin.The gesso gives a good base for paints or inks.


For the background I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, which I dabbed onto my splodge mat and then spritzed with water




I laid my coin into the resulting inky puddles, until I was happy with the look. It is best to leave the ink to dry a little before dipping again so the colours don’t become muddy. It is difficult to wait....  




I used a mixture of small stamps to heat emboss onto my coins. The sentiments are by Docrafts  and the lovely little images are by Clarity Stamps.

I enjoyed this new to me project, and I think I will be making some more in the future. 

Thank you for stopping by today xx


8 comments:

  1. Beautifully designed and coloured, you've used lovely stamps too, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at all that lovely colour, don't you just want to bathe in it!! Great way to decorate those fabulous ATC coins. A very pretty display Jannet. I look forward to seeing many many more of these beauties.
    Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so utterly beautiful! I am in awe of the fantastic backgrounds and stamps used in such a beautiful way! Happy new week ahead dear Jannet!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ATC coins Jannet they are addictive love the oxide backgrounds--if you are on FB -UK Stampers organise swaps with ATS/ATC coins/tags and postcards using stamping
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are magical Jannet. Lovely effect on the background with the DOs. Have a fun creative week.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun ATC coins design Jannet.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous! Love the background colours and the fabulous stamping. I have not heard of these ATC coins before. I think yours could be covered in some sort of protection, can't think of the word, and made into wonderful pendants! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ATC coins, such pretty background colours with the distress oxides. I have some on my desk at the moment waiting to be finished but DT work keeps getting in the way.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye