16 Jun 2018

Hang In There Art Journal Cover


Hello how are you today, well I hope. I have nearly completed my latest art journal, this is my first one made by Jane Davenport. I love all  of her products, although I don’t have many. I didn’t cover my book before I started and of course I soon realised it was getting  very inky, painty spalshy!

Here is the messy cover!

I don’t have much space to keep my journals, and I knew it would need to be squashed in somewhere so the cover had to be one flat layer only. I began by applying two coats of gesso.  I used a Daler Rowney gesso as it was on offer in Hobbycraft, and it works very well even though it is a bit thinner than some of them.  I dabbed on some blue and pink acrylic paints with a sponge.I love the girl on a swing stencil by Clarity Stamps, which I used  with some black paint. I heat embossed all of the flowers which are by Lavinia Stamps. The art in my journal represents my struggles so I thought the “Hang In There” sentiment from a Phyliss Harris Stamp kit was very fitting! 

Thank you for stopping by, and hang in there friends!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing your beautiful cover with us at Stamps and Stencils!
    Love the design and the colours you have used
    Lula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful journal cover , Jannet. Love how striking the black 'girl on the swing'stenciling is against the lovely delicate background colours. Thankyou for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such an fantastic project!! The details are amazing! Thanks so much for adding it to our Stencil It challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your journal cover with those pretty pastel tones. The silouhette image works so well against your lovely background. Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! :)
    thanks for joining in with us at That's Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty journal cover and love the simplicity of style.
    Thanks so much for joining in with our summer challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you luck.
    Fliss DT x

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye