18 Oct 2017

An Autumn Wave




Aloysius is happily waving at you through the tumbling Autumn leaves, I hope you are waving back!




I stamped the gorgeous Aloysius and then drew him an arm as he wanted to wave at you. I gave him some colour, and then fussy cut him.I was very careful not to nip him.






To make a small exploding canvas, I painted the inside back of the box canvas, I used Indigoblu paints in Hot Cocoa and Leather Corset and I also added some Penny dreadful luscious to give an Autumn gleam.





I Used Warm Tan To paint  the front of the canvas and when the paint was still wet 

I crumpled up some copy paper and pressed it onto the paint.It left  lovely texture from the creases.





I cut the middle section of the canvas into four diagonally.


I then created a background for Aloysious using the same texture technique as before.I repeated this process again on another sheet of card to create my leaves from.


I die cut numerous leaves from the  painted card and after crumpling them up, I added flitterglu and Chocolate Box megaflakes  to make them truly shine.





Aloysius made himself comfortable on the background card, and I added some leaves  around him.




Next I adhered each of the four flaps to the front of the frame and proceeded to decorate the frame with lots of leaves, small pine cones, and twigs.


I adhered the background to the back of the frame.


 A sentiment or message could be stamped onto card and then cut out and added onto the canvas. If you do not have leaf dies or punches you could draw and then cut out the leaves.


Take a peek at the Indigoblu blog to discover what the rest of the wonderful Indigoblu team have created.




Products Used


14 comments:

  1. Aww, he's just gorgeous, Jannet! What a delightful autumn project. Perfect for our challenge. I love the addition of the natural elements. Thank you for sharing your beautiful canvas with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing project, and I am waving back at Aloysius!!! So happy you joined us at Words 2 Craft By!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely Autumnal creation with so much dimension for our October theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us at penny Black and More as well, missed that last visit.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun design and the autumnal feel of the canvas. Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely fall project, love that bear and your beautiful leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Words2CraftBy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic project Jannet. Waving back at Aloysius!! :) Beautifully created as always.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Jannet, a gorgeous Autumn piece. I'm waving back at him too! Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, Janet! This is amazing! I love seeing non-card projects in our W2CB gallery... and this is just so much fun. Thank you for joining us for our autumn-themed challenge at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea this, the slit canvas!!! The bear is so lovely surrounded with your beautiful leaves!!! Thank you for joining the October challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabulous creation - I love this! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun project, I love the leaves
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye