23 Jul 2017

Underwater Mini Book Cover





I have always loved seahorses so when I saw 49 and Market's gorgeous Sea and  Sand paper pad, I knew it would be perfect for my mini book to scrapbook the few days I recently spent at the seaside.Then I saw they had matching seahorse stamps ! So of course I just had to get those too!





I decided to use the front cover of the pad as my mini book cover and covered it in gesso, then I had my doubts as it got a bit soggy poggy, but luckily it was ok when it dried out. I made a a background with watercolours and used embossing powder in olive for the seaweed. For the air bubbles I embossed some with clear and others with white. I watercoloured the lovely seahorses and stamped Indigoblu's bubble stamp all around the edges and heat embossed them  in white.



I finished off by spreading some bead gel over the bottom of the cover.This was my first play with the stamps and I am looking forward to using them again.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I would like to share this with the following challenges.




8 comments:

  1. What creative techniques to create such a lovely watery scene.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super project Jannet. Lovely detail and texture especially the bead gel. What a great effect that gives.
    Flo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool project! Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really captured a beautiful watery texture. I love the seahorse images! Gorgeous entry for our challenge at S&S. Thanks so much for playing along! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous make - great use of that bubble stamp!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louely cover,
    Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS WC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful underwater scene. Love the embossed bubbles. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little late to this undersea party, but had to pop in to tell you how lovely this is! I love those bubbles and seashorses!

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye