2 Mar 2016

Life's An Adventure

I created this for my Mother's Birthday, and I thought I would share how I made it, in case anyone was interested.
I stamped my "Life's an Adventure" using black Archical ink (it is waterproof) onto watercolour paper and used Aqua Marker pens to colour her. I did not use the pens directly onto the paper, instead I dabbed a little into my pallete and added a teeny bit of water. I added some pink flowersoft to accentuate her hair band.
I die cut a lot of small flowers, and then used a coloured pencil to edge them in a slightly darker shade. I used Liquid Pearls in Buttercup to make the centre of the flower. I bent the flowers up a little to try and make them look more realistic and not so flat.
I then Moulded green plasticine into a small hill shape, and scratched it up to look like grass.
When you have decided the size you would like your tree to be cut a length of 2mm thick brown wire to make the trunk and firmly place it in the centre of the hill.
Cut shorter lengths of 1mm thick brown wire and very tightly twist it around the trunk where you would like your branches to be.
Glue the flowers onto the branches, I used pva glue. I glued my swing girl very carefully onto the tree. Where she seems to be very happy!
I hope that I may have inspired you a little....
Thanks for reading.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Artistic Stamper Springtime
Tuesday Taggers Feminine and Fancy
Die Cut Divas Something Spring
Creative Artiste Anything Goes
Tando Creative Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. This is fabulous and so clever. Perfect for this challenge! Thanks for posting it to TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at Try it On Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I love how you built the hill & tree and she looks very happy swinging away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative. Beautifully done.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely, thank you for sharing your techniques! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cool! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Thank you for joining TioT's! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic project, thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is wonderful I bet your mum loved it, thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful piece of work, so springlike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jannet it is a piece of art! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just beautiful, very creative and whimsy
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie Dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab project, thanks for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, pretty I'm sure she will treasure it. Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    HUGz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  15. GASP!! What an awesome project!! Thanks for linking up at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great new technique you have come up with, very creative... I love your whimsical girl swinging away merrily...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow there's a lot of fiddly work gone on here! Thanks for joining us at Tando x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a great idea and will be a treasured gift for your mum. Thanks for joining our spring challenge over at Diecut Divas this month. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a lovely gift for your mum - thank you for sharing with us at Tando Creative.

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye